Friday, June 10, 2005

Naked Picture of Me

Lin got a car today. We're off tomorrow for our last day of driving until after Institute, thank goodness.

The two big things weighing on my mind right now are finishing up the work I was supposed to do before Institute and the insurance. Honestly, I'm more worried about the insurance, though. I'm really worried about what it will pay for. Lin was driving. Is that a problem? The rental car is in his name. Is that a problem? The person in the green car that spun out in front of us doesn't have insurance. Is that a problem? Will I get the salvage value for my car or will I get the Kelley Blue Book dealer value? I really just wish the insurance company would call me back. I called them this morning and they were supposed to call me back. I was going to call them again but I fell asleep until after business hours on the East Coast.

I updated the post about the crash with more details. Below are my injuries -- scrapes on my neck, bruises on my face and breast. I took the picture tonight (about 28 hour of healing time). As you can see, the worst part is the big bruise. I also have a big bruise on my knee, bruises on my ribs further down, and scrapes on my right forarem...
Accident Injuries

Tomorrow we leave Fayetteville for Houston. We'll be staying with my mother's friend Kay from work. My mom sent Kay a long email asking what safe neighborhoods were where we could get a hotel or a hostel, etc., and Kay responded "Of course they can stay with me," which was so nice of her.

We had a lot of reading that we were supposed to complete before arriving at the Insitute. I believe it was divided into 12 "lessons" of about 40 pages each. I'm on the second one. They sent me a whole box of books a couple months ago, but I had finals and papers and projects and figured I'd do it once school was over. But then I was visiting Philadelphia and then I got sick, and then the dog ate my homework (no, not really, Mom). Maybe I'll be able to get some more of it done before Monday when our classes start.

My Aunt Merry, who taught 6th grade for 7 years, gave me some really good advice tonight. She said that when she was teaching, she made it her job to make sure the students wanted to come to school the next day. Sometimes it was to hear the next chapter in a really good book she was reading, sometimes it was for a project or for an adventure-type thing (a hike, and experiment.) I think it's a really good idea. Motivation, however, is the hardest thing to give someone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess,

That picture is insane, I can't believe you're still able to think about TFA after this whole car ordeal. You're amazing, don't give up! Everything will work out.

2:14 PM, June 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home