Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Houses in Antarctica

Today wasn't a very good day because a migraine started to set in around lunch time so by the time the kids came back I just wanted to go crawl in a hole. So I was mean to them and that made me even more unhappy.

But this morning, when we were talking about butterflies, K-- raised his hand. "Mi' Hay', why did you tell us there were no people in Antarctica?" I explained how it's really cold there and there wouldn't be anything to eat and you couldn't even really go outside. He said, "Oh. 'Cause when my Daddy and I went by there, I think I saw houses."

Later: at our grade-level meeting, the other first grade teachers and I were talking about bringing in food to share on Friday. I'm a vegetarian. Ms. T-- remembered that and turned on me. "Are you going to bring too-foh?" she asked suspiciously.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Hayes,

I have a friend who lives in Antarctica. His name is Kevin.

-Tim

10:20 PM, December 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home