Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Hi Again

Sorry for the delays in posting. This past weekend, I went out of town. Wow, it is so different in the real world. Actual buildings, well-maintained infrastructure... fantastic. On another note, don't fly Continental. They lose bags.

***

Today, during lunch, a little girl told me that the middle schoolers were talking about me. "They said you look like a white panda," she said. "But I think you is pretty." I thanked her, and commented that maybe they just mean I am white. "You don't even look white," she responded. Umm... I'm about the palest white person you could find. I guess that means pretty is out the window as well.

***

We are going to have penpals for the end of the year. One of my training group members from TFA Institute teaches a first/second grade split in Houston, TX. His class wrote us a wonderful letter and my little hellions are tickled pink to write back. We're goingto type the letters on the computers in the computer lab so that they are a little bit more legible (first graders reading other first grade writing is just asking for trouble.) However, typing is turning out to be a big hassle, because they have never done it before. I think it is worth the trouble, though. Got to start them on the computers young.

***

My principal is looking for a great teacher to teach 3rd grade math. I kind of want to ask for the job. I really do enjoy teaching math so much more than reading. However, whenever I start to think seriously about it, I think, but now I really know how to teach first grade so much better! I'm actually going to be an okay teacher next year... Besides which, Mr. R-- really wants a male teacher. He told me that the boys in our school are falling behind in math because they no longer consider it something that men need to know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

12:35 AM, August 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home