Tuesday, August 02, 2005

T-5

I had my second brush with the meeting of teaching and faith in the Delta, when, at our all-staff assembly, two boys read us a Bible verse (from Timothy, about teaching) and we all bowed our heads in prayer. My first brush was when I walked into my classroom and there were three Bibles on the shelf.

I also met my assistant today, a 22-year veteran of the school. Ms. B-- is studying the get a degree in Elementary Ed but has thus far been unable to complete it. She seems willing to do what I ask, although I am sure that she has some ideas of her own. I think that she will be fine, though. I did my best to look old; I wore my hair up and wore my glasses. I got a headache out of the deal and felt unattractive all day long. Memories of junior high, ahh. I'm trying to be very flexible and everything, but when she came back from an assistants' meeting with the principal and told me that she would be here all day tomorrow; what did I want her to do, I scrambled to find something I wanted her to do. Argh. If I can get my act together appropriately tonight, I can have her label things or something, but right now all I have for her to do is a bulletin board and some laminating.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, this is God.

Remember the sign I gave you on that highway? Didn't sink in I guess.

Don't pray with these people, and get the bibles out of the classroom.

12:06 PM, August 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home