Friday, September 09, 2005

Little Victories

Today was awful school-wide. I made a mid-day call home to my little face-maker's father at 10:30 because he was already halfway through the consequences for the second time that day. Another student told me he had to use it just in time to dribble "doodie" all the way down the hall to the bathroom. Mrs. H-- sent four children to my class for timeouts and I sent three to hers when neither of us have sent any for the rest of the week.

What did they put in the breakfast?

I also got a new student who just moved here from Illinios. Now I have 24.

Inexplicably, my in-sped-but-really-advanced student burst into tears. I have learned not to let tears bother me. I think I had four criers today -- E, when she tipped her chair over backwards and bonked her head; M, when I told him he had a time out in Mrs. H--'s room (he tried to bolt down the hall, again); J--, for no reason that he could tell me; and R--, when he first got off of his priveledge card.

On the upside, Mrs. B- finished transferring the answers on the tests.

And I'll be awful sometimes
Weakened to my knees
And I'll learn to get by
On the little victories

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home