Saturday, January 28, 2006

Old Mc Donald had a Farm

The internet has arrived, via satellite, to my house. Finally! The farm is now operational.

Today (Saturday) I took four of my students to McDonald's and to see a movie in Cleveland. We saw "Hookwinked," which is an animated film about the different sides of the story "Little Red Riding Hood." It wasn't that good, but the kids seemed to enjoy it. It was their special prize for getting 60 stars on their behavior charts.

In the process, I learned a little bit more about my students and about our town. I drove around to pick them up and got to see several different areas of Shelby. Two of the four live in apartments, one lives in a different town, and one lives out in the country in a different direction from me.



Some funny moments of the day:
M--, at McDonald's, pointing to the sign: "Look at that big M! That must be the mama M... or the teacher M."

S--: "When I grow up I'm going to have three jobs: doctor, lawyer, and car washer."

When I got back in the car after walking S-- to her door, J--, M--, and F-- were all doubled over in laughter. It took them about three minutes to calm down enough to tell me that they had been telling jokes. I asked what the joke was. They told me they were singing "Old McDonald Had a Farm," and substituting in other things. The hilarious one, evidently, had been "Old McDonald had a Squeaky, E-I-E--I-O."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hurray! your blog is back!
sounds like your movie trip was a lot fo fun.

love, auntie linda

11:27 AM, January 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home