Thursday, April 27, 2006

A Superstar Who Is Black

The assignment: write in your creative writing journals. You can write whatever you want, but you need to have 4 sentences and at least 3 describing words.

S-- wrote:

I had a dream that Ms. H-- got married to a superstar who is black. They love each other very much. She wore a peach dress at the wedding and the best man had a suit that was gold and tan. It was a good time.

*****

I picked 9 of my superstars (who are black but not marriage material for at least another dozen years) to perform at our MCT rally. The Mississippi Curriculum Test begins on Tuesday and because of the whole state takeover thing, the focus has been exclusively on preparing our second and third graders for the test since about January. Since it is such a big deal, we are having an RAF book giveaway and a rally at which each class is supposed to perform (or, have one child or a group of children perform).

I picked my most outgoing students and they helped me write a little cheer to perform. Four of them (the small ones) are being first graders and five (the big ones) are pretending to be second and third graders. Hope it goes well... Every other time, my class has been outdone in spades.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

9:18 AM, August 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home