Monday, May 08, 2006

Roughed Up

My school is a rough place for little kids.  This continues the trend from their homes, I suppose.  They get roughed up at home, they rough up each other, they get roughed up at school. If I had a nickel for every time I heard the phrase (from a teacher) 'I'm going to tear your butt up,' or, 'He needs his butt tore up,' I could buy a whole class set of books with the money. There are a lot of kids 'getting thier butts tore up' in the office at my school. And a lot of kids 'getting the sense knocked up into them' at home.

They're rough little kids.  Tough little kids. Already, in first grade, desensitized to pain, raised voices, and bad language.

I had a talk with one of the assistants today.  "I couldn't say the things I tell the kids in front of you," she told me.  "And you couldn't say them to the kids, no how.  Because of the way things is, their parents would be calling the office.. 'That white b*tch said X to my child...'"  She told me how she takes the kids in the room next door and paddles them herself instead of taking them to the office.  In class, she pops them on their hands with a ruler and threatens them.  It just shows you that you don't know what goes on behind closed doors, even in schools.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

11:53 AM, August 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home