Monday, May 01, 2006

Snippets from Today

My school has gone into MCT lockdown. The MCT (Mississippi Curriculum Test) begins tomorrow. My superstars will not be taking it, but the second and third graders will be. My students will be taking (who knows why) the second grade semester exam. So while we are not in lockdown, we did spend today... solidifying some concepts (read: reviewing.) Anyhow, the hallways and second and third grade classrooms are papered with bright butcher paper, since there is NO ENVIRONMENTAL PRINT ALLOWED during the MCT. It looks very strange.

***

One of my little girls came in today with a black eye given to her by a relative. I just want to get that person and string him up. She's only an eight year old little girl, for goodness' sake.

***

Another little girl, who I have a hard time getting to do anything, was thrilled when I put on a compound word song today. She boogied down and clapped together snowman and doghouse and bathtub like a champ.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what does 'no environmental print allowed' mean?

7:37 AM, May 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you required to report the blsck eye?

2:52 PM, May 04, 2006  
Blogger Jessica said...

"No Enviromental Print" means any words in the room and the halls need to be covered. This includes any student work that has been posted, any signs or posters, any books, any alphabet strips, names on desks... ANYTHING with letters or numbers, except the clock, must be covered in every place that a student might walk during testing.

The black eye was given to my student by a minor, so there's nothing I can do about it. I would be required to report it had the abuser been over 18.

5:39 PM, May 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home