Saturday, August 05, 2006

Moved In

I am sore all over from all of the moving I have been doing. Books to school, books from school, books back to school again. Cabinet here, cabinet there, cabinet turned, cabinet scooted out to plug something in, cabinet scooted in again. Tables to the room, desks from the room, desks up on the stage, tables down off the stage, tables right side up, tables upside down to put little pads on their feet, tables right side up again, tables in groups, tables in rows.

My room is set up, though. It looks great, if I do say so myself. My principal stopped by today, and said, surprised, "You did it! You're all set up," as if he had believed I'd start class with boxes and supplies strewn around the room. Now I'm just working through what will actually happen in that room, when the children come in. I have set up seats and folders for 18, I am expecting 16. A--, who has moved from her school to my school and who will be teaching 3rd grade math, science, and social studies, is expecting two classes of 14 each. The poor kindergarten teachers, now down to three, are expecting 21 apeice.

I'm disappointed in the response rate to my question: what should I name the rat? The current forerunners are Rizzo (approved by my sibs), Magnolia/Maggie, and Fritter (suggested by my friend L- from Cornell). Again, let me know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home