Friday, October 14, 2005

Had and Heard

(Big drama today, all names except mine have been changed):

Zaktary: Mi’Hay, Darnel called me ugly.
Mi’Hay: Are you ugly, Zaktary?
Zaktary: No.
Mi’Hay: Then you don't need to listen to Darnel, do you?
Zaktary: No. I'm pretty!

***
Mi'Hay': Kivianna, you are leaning on Jerome. Please make your back straight and tall.
Jerome: I like it, Mi'Hay'. Me and Kivianna going together.
Kivianna: We boyfriend-girlfriend.
Mi'Hay': You still need to sit correctly in the meeting area.

(later)

Kivianna: Mi’Hay, Rondraniqua is trying to steal my man away from me!
Mi'Hay': What?
Kivianna: She say she like him. She trying to steal him away! Can I go talk to Jerome and tell him stay away from that girl?
Mi'Hay': No. Kivianna, you need to go back to your seat. You can talk to Jerome at lunch. I think you should talk to Rondraniqua about how you are feeling.

(later)

Kivianna: Me and Rondraniqua are going to share Jerome.
Mi’Hay’: ...Well, sharing is good…

(later)

Jerome: Rondraniqua likes me.
Mi’Hay’: So I hear.
Jerome: I don't like Kivianna anymore.
Mi’Hay’: You know, you can be friends with both of them. That's the good thing about friends. You can have lots of them.
Jerome: Yeah, so I'm going to go with Rondraniqua and not Kivianna.

(later)

Kivianna: Mi’Hay’, Jerome says he wants to break up with me.
Mi’Hay’: Bummer. Lucky you still have so many other friends.
Kivianna: But I don't have other boyfriends!
Mi’Hay’: Well, Demetrious is a boy and he is your friend. And Lequadrius is a boy and he is your friend.
Kivianna: I'm going to ask Demetrious to go with me.

***

Ms. Maxwell: Demarcus Cooper!
Demarcus: Ms. Maxwell Cooper!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home