Monday, October 31, 2005

Today the Principal, Tomorrow the State

Today I was evaluated by the principal and the educational consultant. Tomorrow, my reading block will be evaluated by someone from the government of the state of Mississippi. GSD Roommate, who was evaluated and passed last week, assures me that I shouldn't be worried. From what I understand, though, if I fail, I'm going to have lots more paperwork (argh, even less time to teach) and more evaluations. My kids behave better when there are people in the room watching them, though, so I usually enjoy the evaluations.

Tomorrow during reading, we are going to be working on sequencing. We are going to read the big book "Peanut Butter and Jelly," and talk about some words in it. Then we are going to stretch out some of those words either by sounds or syllables. Then we are going to read the book again and use our hands to show making the sandwich. Then we are going to break into groups by ability level to sequence the book in order. Some children will use sentence strips, some will use the pictures from the story, and some will use sentence strips with missing words.

We'll move to the carpet and sing the song. Groups will share out. We'll end up back at our desks, where we'll play "Guess the Covered Word."

Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck Angel Face!

7:19 AM, November 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In bocca all'lupo, Jess!

8:04 AM, November 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home