Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Best and Worst

In the morning of the last day of school I had my students write and illustrate the best and worst parts of first grade.

Best Parts of First Grade:
I like when Ms. Hayes tells us the first part when we do our math.
The best part of first grade is when we were reading Junie B. Jones and Flat Stanley and the Wild Animal book. (Shout out to Mrs. Sandler for the donation of the Amazing Pop-Up Wild Animal Book.)
The best part of first grade was when we played games and we read the word wall and when we played and when Ms. Hayes made silly faces.
The best part of first grade was reading Junie B. Jones book.
The best part of first grade was marbles.
The best part of first grade: math switcharoo, reading the beginning blends, giant cookie, reading Flat Stanley, learning the sounds, the Wild Animal Book, and saying the pledge.
The best part of first grade is sharing the giant cookie.
The best part of first grade: marbles, centers, penpals, making the planets, getting stars, ladybugs, butterflies, Hi My Name Is Joe, and Ms. Hayes Says.
The best part of first grade was doing the stars.
The best part of first grade was doing the calendar, bathroom sticks, giving stars, saying the pledge, marbles, Wild Animal Book, doing tests, learning sounds, awards day, painting butterflies, playing games, and learning about tadpoles.
The best part of first grade was the math switcharoo. (Incredible that two people put this down –the math switcharoo is when you write a horizontal math problem vertically.)
The best part of first grade was playing games.
The best part of first grade was reading Junie B. Jones.
The best part of first grade was the trip Ms. Hayes took J-, E-, and T- on.

Worst parts of First Grade:
The worst part of first grade was taking a time out.
The wosr part of first grade was taking away marbles.
I was furious when Edward sat on my feet.
The worst part was when we do a lot of work.
The worst part of first grade is when you act bad and you have to sit out of activities.
The worst part was when it was a sunny day and we went outside.
The worst part of first grade was when she gave the big test.
The worst part of first grade is was when I’m on yellow. (The colors in our consequence chart are superstar, green, yellow, orange, and pink, in that order.)
The worst part of first grade was reading in our reading book.
I was really mad when a girl spit on my foot.
The worst part is when you take points away.
The worst part of first grade is when I get on pink. I get angry and I be screaming loud.
The worst part of first grade was when Ms. Hayes slammed down the book and when I get hot.
The worst part of first grade was computer lab and library.

I also let them write me letters if they finished their best/worst early.

Some letters (I am typing the spelling as they wrote it, because they did such a good job.)

My seacrite is that nobody know that my nickname is Big Baby. You is the nices teacher I ever saw.
***
Ms. Hayes is very swet like a butterflies.
***
Dear, Ms. Hayes. When are you getting mared? and when are you haveing a babby? who is your boy friend?
***
Roses are red volet are blue I no you are the best teacher and the class no’s to.
***
I am is ging to miss you when I go to secind grade. I love you. You is the best. You is the best teacher.

3 Comments:

Blogger X said...

Absolutely beautiful. Are you heartbroken to let them go, or what?

5:55 AM, May 30, 2006  
Blogger Patti said...

I saw this at The Teacher and am definately stealing it, too! Mazel tov on your first year!

8:32 AM, June 03, 2006  
Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks, all. So far, I don't miss them too much -- I worry about some of them, but I think I'm still actively decompressing. I'm sure that will change as the summer progresses.

3:20 PM, June 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home