Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Centers

I know my posts have been few and far between lately. But the extra work I've put in has paid off -- I have working literacy and math centers that we do every day. And the administration has noticed -- I'm the teacher of the month at my school! Next week I finish up my stint in the early morning reading program (getting to school at 6:40 instead of 7:05 has seriously been cutting into my sleep time!) and I pick up a small group of third graders who need phonics remediation in the afternoons. I'm excited about that.

Hopefully I'll get some pictures of my centers taken to post up. I forgot today. In math we're working on measurement, so we have a center using a balance, a center pouring corn to determine volume, a measuring-with-rulers game, and then some center fociusing on past objectives -- a symmetry center with pattern blocks, a time/calendar computer game, and a shape guessing game. In literacy, I'm very restricted by our reading program, but I have a computer/LeapPad center, a listening center, a workbook center (gotta do those pages sometime), a phonics/guided reading center (me), and a reading comprehension/fluency center (my assistant).

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

Way to go Jess! I sometimes dream of centers, but they're still a figment of my imagination. One of these days.

9:59 AM, February 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Congratulations -- all your hard work is paying off. And the kids are benefitting . . .

11:07 PM, February 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home