Thursday, September 14, 2006

Dance Party!

The Dance Party was a huge success, apart from the fact that 3 students in my normally perfect class behaved badly and lost their privileges and didn't get to come to the first half of it (I felt bad taking away the whole thing). Actually, the whole class was poorly behaved and I think I need to be getting more sleep or something so that I don't lose control.

Four students cheated on their tests. We've talked a lot about how you need to use your own smart brain, but pressure for A's from home usually neglects to mention that. Parents don't advocate cheating, but I think many forget to expressly condemn it. We did better when I expressly said before we began tests that you needed to use your own brain and that the point of testing is to show the teacher what you know so that I can see what I need to teach you again so that you know everything from first grade.

Anyhow, the party.

We did the hokey-pokey and the chicken dance, then we ate some snacks and drank some juice that the students had brought in, and then we danced some more. The party itself went very smoothly.

Here's a picture. Note the Christmas lights, which added some sparkle and the kids just loved.

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

totally stealing your dance party idea. Brilliant Jess. Saves going to the dollar store :)

8:56 PM, September 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home